10.26.2005

Wolf Parade @ Northsix 10/25


IMG_2305.JPG
Originally uploaded by jonemmerling.
Lofty expectations made a really good show seem like a slight letdown, as Wolf Parade played the capitol of hip last night. It was my second time seeing them but my first after getting my grubbies on their mp3's last spring and more recently their hot shit album. Four gentlemen played their flaming hearts out, a theremin was rocked, and wind chimes took a beating. It was undeniably enjoyable, though the little hairs on my arm stayed down. I did finally get a handle on which guy sings which songs. To me they both just sound like Will Ferrel's impression of Harry Cary.

1 comment:

jac o said...

i shoulda known we couldn't have gone this long without crossing show paths... jac and i were there too. can't believe we didn't run into you.