3.24.2005

Go! Team @ Canal Room

I’d never been to the Canal Room and it kind of felt like a place for sweet people. It wasn’t too crowded and had good sound though. Judging by other blog reviews, this sounds like it was the best out of their three NY shows(and the cheapest if you avoided the $6 beers).

This band demands that you dance, literally and figuratively. It was hard to feel light on my feet having just eaten at Corner Bistro, but the show was very fun. A lot of people were surprised the horns were prerecorded, and some live brass would be nice, but I can’t complain. I have a feeling next time around we will get to see them with a full horn section, from the back of Webster Hall.

John Cameron Mitchell, actor/writer/director of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, was there. I had just hours before seen his video for "First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes. I think it’s one of the best indie videos I’ve seen.

Bright Eyes and the Faint are playing five shows in May at (ugh) Webster Hall.

Gonna rush home after work and try to get in a disco nap before F-training it to Rothko to see the Bravery, one of this season's 76 "Next Big Things".

No comments: